Praleisti ir pereiti prie pagrindinio turinio

First impressions: Red Data Girl


P.A. Works brings a new anime! Just like with KyoAni, I nowadays I tend to watch any new anime from this studio. Also, character designs are done by Mel Kishida who is responsible for Hanasaku Iroha characters' designs and the opening song is done by Annabel (who also sang Another and Sankarea EDs). But how is anime itself?
The episode starts with some beautiful sceneries and a shrine. Even though quality isn't great (since this is just a pre-air episode), you can see what this is P.A. Works' strength. Not really much happens in this episode but it clearly has potential to become something really interesting. Right before title screen (and beginning of opening) there was this special screen about Red Data Book and one line said "She is a girl from endangered species". I don't really understand what this means yet but our heroine Izumiko is clearly not a normal/ordinary girl. She lives in shrine with her grandparents and has trouble with modern technologies. Actually, it's not what she's stupid. Nope. Problem is what her touch causes all electronic devices to stop working. There's also something bout her hair. Izumiko wants to change, so she cut a bit of her bangs. It seemed a bit strange how everyone took notice of that but it turns out that her hair is her spiritual energy and that's why she she was little her mother (currently somewhere in Japan) put them in braids. Speaking of her parents, Izumiko's father is currently in America. He seems to be easy-going guy but insists that Izumiko must go to Tokyo after finishing junior high school. Izumiko herself wants to stay in local town. The only person who supports her wish to stay is Yukimasa Sagara. He is friend of Izumiko's father and now serves as her guardian. This should make him good guy, right? Well, while he does seem to care a lot of Izumiko's wishes he's not nice at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he had his own motives in helping her. Also, Yukimasa has a son Miyuki who is the same age as Izumiko. But they don't get at all.  Miyuki addresses his father by first name and makes it clear that Yukimasa was a bad father. Now Yukimasa forces Miyuki to transfer schools (and thus leave his home and friends behind) and become Izumiko's servant. Needless to say Miyuki wants none of this crap but gets beaten up (according to Yukimasa his son just fell  but not even Izumiko believes him) and accepts his fate. Oh and Miyuki hates Izumiko (she doesn't seem to like him either). Poor girl gets bullied in school by some kids (although she she has two nice friends and there's a mysterious Satoru Wamiya) and probably will get bullied by Miyuki as well. The two of them have met when they were little as well but even then she was bullied by him. But you know the opening gives a completely different image.  So, maybe at first they were friends but later something happened? Only time will tell. Also, opening shows that we will have romance, so this means that eventually Miyuki will warm up to Izumiko. I'm already shipping those two. >.< Anime summary says that a terrible accident happens (perhaps a suicide bird (reminds me of accident in Another OVA) seen in PV), so that will probably make Miyuki and Izumiko closer (at least hat's what I would do). 
Overall, I liked the first episode and I will definitely continue watching it. A proper 1st episode will air on April 4th and second episode will air on April 11th, so waiting for new episode is going to be very painful. ;_; Especially because opening suggests that anime may become quite dark. So, I'm leaving you with a cute image of Red Data Girl ED. ^^

Komentarai

Populiarūs šio tinklaraščio įrašai

Kokoro Connect prank

Well, I have just heard about this and now I feel like a bridge was dropped on me. :'(  What I'm talking is this thing. To sum up:  producer Yamanaka Takahiro and three of KC voice actors planned a cruel joke on other, not really known seiyuu - Mitsuhiro Ichiki. He was invited to audition for anime original character. Later he appeared on live event and when it turned out that it's actually fake. You can find more info on MAL and ANN . I really love KC and it hurts me to hear such things. Especially that Hisako Kanemoto (she plays Yui in KC) is involved. She also played Ika in Ika Musume. Ika is one of very best characters and I loved her degeso~. Why she had to do this?!!  ;_; You know that it means that her career is pretty much fucked up? I don't really know what happened with Aya Hirano but every time she appeared on news, she gets lots of hate. Lots of people are boycotting KC TV series and dropping this show altogether. I won't do this since I love KC&#

SHE'S HERE!!!

My girl has finally arrived!!! And the box is HUGE!!!  I literally started jumping and screaming when I got the call from courier that he's on his way to me with my package. And then I spent those few minutes until his arrival standing by door and looking through eyehole until I saw him climbing the stairs holding huge box. :D My friend encourages me to open the box, so we will be meeting on Saturday and opening it together. ^^

New Ausra's clothes for sale!

My friend Ausra has sewn some really beautiful clothes for sale. So, I thought someone might be interested. ^^ I have lots of her sewn clothes and love them very much. Just recently I have received more clothes from her and I couldn't be happier. Ausra is amazing seamstress. :) Available on  figure.fm  and  her blog . Update (August 18th): all her sweaters now cost $10 instead of $13. Prices were dropped for all her sewn clothes, so for anyone who wants, it's your chance to get wonderful clothes a bit cheaper. ^.~